Saturday 10 September 2011

This week - white on white !

Well, this week is a little out of synch. I actually completed these projects a few weeks ago and the one I'm working on this week isn't quite finished yet.
So here is the white on white canvases. I saw the idea on pinterest.com. I was going to use wooden letters and then paint everything over in white, but I used white letters from the scrapbooking section at Michaels instead. It was harder to do than it looks. I tried a few designs before I settled on these. I tried a simpler phrase shaped in a abstract heart and honestly, it took all morning before I reallized I just couldn't get the proprtions right. I spent the better part of the next day finding quotes that were - not too long, - not too short, - not raunchy, - not too 'preachy' etc....

The kids are getting these for Christmas, and I am fairly certain they don't ever look on here so I will post them.
Next time, I will check for quotes that don't over use the letter 'e', - had to go out and buy several more sets of letters !!

2 comments:

  1. I know what I am getting for Christmas (but I always peek anyways, so I would have known even if I didn't read your bolg :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure we got married in 2007, I think it was 2008...

    ReplyDelete